Skip to content

Undergraduate Students

453 results found

1. Registration sucks

The registration people are probably the most frustrating rudest people ever. I sent out 2 emails regarding problems with registering for classes for spring semester, and my first email had a read receipt so when I went to to check my emails I saw that they had opened it but decided to ignore, I sent them a 2nd email and once again totally ignored. I'm a freshman at this school I'm already busting my *** trying to get good grades I don't need this stress, if they're gonna treat us unfairly then they shouldn't have that job as registration. It…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Coors Breakout 281 is always very hot.

The breakout rooms in the south corner of the Coors building are always extremely hot, even in the winter, with the heaters by the windows always running. I believe that the thermostat defaults to something around 80 degrees, and often times manually setting the thermostat to something reasonable gets canceled after a few minutes. Is it possible for this to be fixed?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Campus  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Computers around campus

I've noticed that there are multiple computers facing service issues. Literally before my lab on tuesday I have to restart computers in marquez due to not being connected to the network. In the library there are multiple computers that people avoid due to there being problems of connectivity, either it doesnt connect with the display or the accesories (keyboard, mouse) do not work.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bring Back Grown @ Mines!

I've noticed it has been a while since Grown@Mines has been active, and their page has not posted any updates.. it was nice to see the community come together and grow quality organic produce and partner with Hunger@Mines.
    As a gardening and plant enthusiast, I would love to see Mines or other student organizations to promote sustainability through aeroponics/hydroponics etc, partnering with local nurseries and garden centers etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We need better signage on campus

We need better signage on campus. Too many visitors don't know where they are going once they are here or end up in the wrong building because they sound alike (i.e. Student Center vs. Student Recreation Center). Signage along the roads as well as campus map kiosks on campus would help immensely.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Graduate school information

It seems that no one knows how to apply to graduate school. At least not the whole story. If you ask any one person they will give you one (and only one) step. First we need to inform the staff in Guggenheim or within our own departments, then we need to inform the students on everything they need to do in order to be successful in applying for graduate school at CSM.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Junior-workout classes

I think the amount of workout classes at the rec center and the type of workout classes are really limited and I would really appreciate having more options. I really love group workouts, but most of the classes are in the middle of the day making it really hard for students to attend. I think the time, amount, and type of workout class should be revised.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your concern! If you really feel strongly about this issue, we suggest you reach out to the SRC. However, about half of the group classes offered are in the evenings, and the ones offered during the day are during lunch times so that more people can attend. Keep in mind that most of the classes are taught by students so the SRC does their best to accommodate the student schedule. Thank you again for your feedback and good luck!

9. Add Pepperoni to the Deli Bar!

Add pepperoni slices to the deli bar in Mines Market. Minor change to make sandwiches that much better.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Speed Bumps on Campus

People driving through campus are driving like there is no speed limit. I can't count the number of time I have almost been while walking and while trying to back out of a spot on Greek Row or non-parking lot parking because people are not paying attention and driving too fast. I feel as though there should be some kind of speed bumps put around campus to prevent this from happening.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Apple Pie Pizza

Please make the apple pie pizza an every week event. Its too good and we all need to taste its deliciousness every week or else we will fail out.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The Mines Google G-Suite does not allow bookmark sync or history sync between devices

If you've ever wanted to sync info between devices and other such things, such as saved passwords and bookmarks, the settings in the administrative G-suite that mines uses to create google accounts with mines emails does not allow it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make K-lot more connected/accessible

It's bad enough when you get stuck out in the K-lot, but the walk to campus feels extra long because the athletic complex is fenced off and locked. Although the distance is not a big issue, it would feel more like you are actually parking on campus if you could walk through campus to get to class. Unlock the gates, or make a designed walking path.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Policy to prohibit assignments due on exam days

As the title says, classes should be prohibited from having assignments due the same day an exam for the same class is scheduled. There is no reason to created added stress and workload on top of studying if it's within the control of the instructor. The day after isn't much to ask.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remote Lecture Access

With the increased rate of transmission of the Omicron variant and its ability to infect people who are fully vaccinated, it seems increasingly likely that we will have large outbreaks on campus. With this in mind, I believe that Mines should return to requiring remote access for lectures over Zoom, at least while this variant is producing record numbers of cases daily.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  COVID  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hybrid classes for the beginning of the SP22 semester

With the increase of COVID cases in CO and across the country, I feel it would be wise to have hybrid courses for the beginning of the year. I think this would allow students to get properly tested before returning to in-person classes while allowing those who have been exposed or are COVID positive the ability to attend classes without falling behind.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  COVID  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Places to take a nap on campus

There should be a place(s) on campus where you can go and take a short nap or just relax and close your eyes for a little bit. Most of the students who live off campus don't live close enough to go home and nap if they only have an hour or so between their classes. There are many benefits to taking a short nap in the middle of the day, and at a school like Mines, time and sleep are very important.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Last minute class location and time changes

The registrar often changes the times and locations of classes which is very inconvenient and makes planning tough.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Why are only certain classes counted as H&SS!?

I know of several students whom have taken EBGN courses thinking that they would count towards the LAIS/EBGN requirements stated on the flowcharts. However, it's not very clear that only some classes will fit the requirement. I believe more or all EBGN classes should count for this requirement. It's total nonsense that some EBGN classes, specifically financial accounting, is not a social science! Let's get real here. The course focuses on the study of how people and companies interact to create business deals and investments. Interaction of people.... how is that not considered a social science!?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are pretty sure that to be counted as LAIS credit there has to be a certain amount of reading and writing associated with the course. Unless the course can meet those requirements it can not be counted as LAIS. If you feel strongly that the course could meet the requirements I think that the professor needs to have it approved, so you could ask if they have considered doing so.

Love,
    USG

• Don't see your idea?

Undergraduate Students

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base