Skip to content

Undergraduate Students

453 results found

1. New vending machines

Why were the vending machines replaced? Looks like the new machines have higher prices. Also looks like they belong to mines and not a vending company. If so, why is the school gouging students with higher prices? Not cool.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Registration is a mess

Every semester during registration, I have to run around getting signatures for several different forms. I understand the need for advisors and students to be on the same page, but there has to be a better way to do this. How about online forms? How about making changes easier (as in, you write down a class number or CRN down wrong and you have to get everything signed again). Something has to be done to make this system easier because it is a headache every single semester.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Memorial Day Off

I know that since it's in the summer it doesn't apply to all students, but I think students in field session (if not traveling) or summer classes should get memorial day off as it is a major holiday. I'm in Cheme field session and we have lab 7-5 and then a report due at 1 pm the next day. Memorial Day is a big holiday and it's disrespectful that Mines makes us go to school that day.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The only opportunities I see to get early registration is "like us on Twitter". I don't have Twitter, nor do I want one.

Give students who don't want a cyber footprint a chance to get early registration.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Better Enforcement of Anti Smoking/Vaping Laws

Work with Mines PD/start a publicity campaign to discourage people from smoking or vaping where they aren't supposed to. It's supposed to be 25 feet from buildings but people rarely follow this rule.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Transcripts should have GPA on the first page

The first page of academic transcripts show your first semester of your first year's performance (or even high school transfer credit). Employers and/or graduate schools will not be focused on your first year's performance in general classes, they will be worried about your overall performance and current gpa. There should be more relavent information on the first page to effectively communicate our academic success.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Coffee in Alderson

Hello we ChemEs are very caffeine dependent and would very much appreciate some constant form of coffee in our building. Even if it's just a coffee cart. I think this would be super profitable and much apprecitated.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it mandatory for every assignment to have an accompanying rubric when it is assigned.

Many times during my Mines career I have had to do assignments without a rubric or example or the rubric has been released within 36 hours of when it is due. This is unfair to students we will get points off for silly items such as our name being on the left instead of the right etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mines market food is bad

The lawns on campus are wasteful. We already pay a staff to maintain the grounds, so instead of lawns we should grow vegetables. Then use the produce in Mines Market to improve the quality of the food and reduce the cost.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. No Stop Sign in Ford Commuter Lot

In the Ford commuter lot, there is an intersection on the Northwest side of the building between traffic in the parking lot and traffic coming into the lot from 19th street. Right now, there are lines on the ground where it looks like a stop sign used to be, but the lines on either side of the intersection are very faded and nearly not visible from a car. I have almost had a collision there multiple times, and I feel as though safety in this intersection would improve greatly if a sign was placed there, or even in the lines…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Parking Services wont allow incoming freshman to get parking passes

This wont affect me, however i think its unfair that next year's class of freshman wont be allowed to bring a car to campus.

Having a car on campus my first year has made a huge impact on my life. Im able to go get decent food, im able to go skiing on the weekend, im able to be free.

With this new policy change, the incoming class is going to be pigeonholed on campus which seems like an easy way to become depressed. Doing this forces people to be apart of the community which is only going to drive…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The digital clock outside the SRC has been wrong for 7 years

The digital clock outside the SRC is consistently off by about 10 minutes and it has annoyed me for 7 years. You would think that when the DST happens or when it goes away, the clock would be correct for a day or two, but no, the clock is literally useless to tell time. Please fix.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Computer labs are not cleaned thoroughly often enough

The desks and area around the computer monitors in many labs (especially BB136/Alamode) accumulate junk left by other students, dust, and other debris. The monitors themselves also accumulate dust and pencil marks.

Classrooms that don't have computers don't seem to have this problem. I notice that the floors and chairs are vacuumed so I think it would be a good idea for the desks and monitor area to be cleaned as thoroughly as any other classroom.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Student chapters of professional organizations should not compete with "for fun" clubs for funds

BSO needs to be revamped in general, but specifically with respect to how they allocate funds. Student chapters of professional organizations typically already have requirements from a national chapter, while the bowling club, for example, has no restrictions. Clubs that provide an outlet for students to pursue a hobby and/or have fun are wonderful and should be supported, but they have different needs than a professional society. Most professional societies are involved in educating students and advancing the profession, typically through invited speakers and technical talks. Often the speaker comes to campus for free so the only expense is generally…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. More Table Near Sub Connection

There is so much space upstairs and there are 3 measly table in front of Jamba Juice and Sub Connection. Is there any way we can have a couple more tables up there as there is plenty of space for them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mines Market Staff Needs to Throw Away Their Cigarette Butts

Outside of the Weaver Towers and other areas are littered with cigarette butts, often times mere feet away from a trash can or cigarette receptical. The only people I see in those areas are Mines Market employees smoking cigarettes. Staff needs to quit littering our beautiful campus with cigarette butts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Financial Aid Portal within Self Service is Impossible to Navigate

When I log into Trailhead and head to the Self Service tab, I get frustrated so quickly. The anger is mainly centered around how difficult it is to use the Financial Aid portal within Self Service. It's ridiculously hard to navigate, and I often end up going in circles online when I'm looking for specific information. The interface is not user-friendly at all, and I usually give up and decide I need to set aside time to physically visit the Financial Aid office the next day. We pay so much money to the school; it shouldn't be this hard to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New parking meters, bring back the 1/2 hour!

When Mines put in the new parking meters this year, it had the option to pay by hours and minutes, so you could pay for 2 hours and 34 minutes for instance. Now, they've taken away that option so that you can only pay by the hour again. It's bad enough that we're screwed for parking availability and cost in the first place, why would they purposefully limit the meters to only hour intervals to rip us for more money? The least they could do is have half hour intervals. It is unjust that they would purposefully remove that feature…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tuition and Fees refund???

We are inquiring if anyone has received or been notified of any financial refunds for the previous semester (Spring 2020) due to Covid campus closing mid semester? In addition is there any financial discount for same tuition and fees anticipated for Fall 2020 semester due to virtual classes and restricted services? Like summer sessions mentioned below, it is unreasonable that there is no change in tuition and fees when the majority of campus and services is closed and/or unavailable.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mines Registrar Ineffectively Communicates

Mines Registrar has made several major mistakes in their communications with me including telling me I had passed a class I had actually failed and failing to inform me that a summer course I was taking elsewhere would not satisfy Mines requirements. I have heard from other students that the registrar has made similar mistakes in their communications with them regarding passing/ failing classes, study abroad credit, and transfer credit. Such miscommunications can lead to significant wasted time and effort by students and much frustration. It is unacceptable that this is a recurring problem at our institution. I would like…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Undergraduate Students