Skip to content

Undergraduate Students

6 results found

1. Registration sucks

The registration people are probably the most frustrating rudest people ever. I sent out 2 emails regarding problems with registering for classes for spring semester, and my first email had a read receipt so when I went to to check my emails I saw that they had opened it but decided to ignore, I sent them a 2nd email and once again totally ignored. I'm a freshman at this school I'm already busting my *** trying to get good grades I don't need this stress, if they're gonna treat us unfairly then they shouldn't have that job as registration. It…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Door and Building locks

The pattern and schedule in which doors on essentially all the buildings are locked is ridiculous and inconsistant. There's no rhyme or reason and it makes entering and leaving buildings frustrating. At the very least facilities could explain why certain doors are locked and certain doors aren't.

On the weekends, there's no way to tell which buildings and which ones aren't, and it changes from week to week. If classrooms and labs are locked that's fine, but the fact that I'm just trying to find a study room and can't because 90% of buildings are locked for no reason is…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Club sports needs work

I do not believe club sports has enough administrative resources to meet the needs of all the club sports teams. It is extremely hard to get anything done for your team. We are limited in fundraising, and now maybe even the number of players, and which season we can participate in. Club sports should encourage more people to play and multi semester seasons. If more people participate then clubs can acquire more funds through dues and potentially decrease the price for each player. Clubs should be allowed to have as many participants as they desire.

Additionally it is unfair when…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Gym Membership Isn't Included in Part Time tuition

Hello,
    I was shocked to find out that my part time undergraduate tuition didn't cover the gym fee, and I think it is discriminatory to students who cannot take full credit hours due to financial hardships, or personal reasons. If I were to pay for a full set of credit hours and then drop some mid-semester, I would be able to go to the gym with out paying the fee. I don't think Mines should be so prejudiced towards students who take full credit hours because they will be paying the same amount over time by the time they are…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Policy to prohibit assignments due on exam days

As the title says, classes should be prohibited from having assignments due the same day an exam for the same class is scheduled. There is no reason to created added stress and workload on top of studying if it's within the control of the instructor. The day after isn't much to ask.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Separate the CEE Department

I understand that civil and environmental engineers have a lot of overlapping classes; however, the CEE department largely focuses on providing job opportunities, support, and emphasis on the civil engineers only. At job fairs, civil and environmental are put together which results in environmentals thinking that certain companies want us, when really all they want are civils. If the environmentals were actually treated by the school like our own major, it would help with the career fairs and job search tremendously.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Undergraduate Students