Skip to content

Undergraduate Students

453 results found

1. Hammocks on the commons

During the warmer weather we need hammock on the commons, so that people can take naps.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Where are the lucky charms mines market?

There are never lucky charms or bagels when I want them on Saturday!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Reconfigure some of the computers on campus for taller people

There is lots of evidence to suggest that poor posture while sitting at a computer is bad for you. Your feet are supposed to be on the floor, knees at 90, back straight, elbows a 90 and the monitor should be directly in front of your eye line. When I try to use the computers in Brown, CTLM or Marquez I feel like a giant trying to ride a child bicycle. I cant stay for very long without getting serious pain in my neck and back. Would it be possible to make a few of the computers on campus set…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. All departments should adhere to Daily Blast standards.

I would love to see all School Departments utilize the Daily Blast. The original intent for the Daily Blast was to not get bombarded with dozens of emails per day. While this has worked well for the most part, some departments have been able to slip through and send multiple emails per day, without going through the Daily Blast.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make the final exam schedule available to students as soon as it's known (which SHOULD be known very early in the semester). There's no

Make the final exam schedule available to students as soon as it's known (which SHOULD be quite early in the semester, or immediately at the start). There is no benefit to hiding this schedule from students once it's firm enough to send to professors. The current system prevents students from planning holiday travel or tight job start dates because they cannot know the date of their last exam.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. fix website problems

Can't log into CANVAS except through the linked emails sent from the school and TRAILHEAD still sucks. Self-Service on trailhead is inaccessible from the main log-in. Errors are produced and students need to creatively press buttons to access the page. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Mines IT is embarrassing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. No Club Basketball team

Why isn't there a club basketball team at Mines?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Anyone else notice the crazy amount of dog poop on SAE's lawn?

Just an observation, but there is a lot of dog poop on SAE's lawn that you see, and sometimes smell if you are walking on that side of the road into campus. Just a suggestion to clean it up - it's been accumulating there for a while...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The title of what's your beef is so negative, what about how can Mines improve or what can Mines do better?

The title of our forum is just so negative. It basically says what's f***** up about Mines. Why don't we make it more positive? For example

How can Mines improve?
    What can Mines do better?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out!

USG has had What’s Your Beef for several years and the main function of it is to elicit ideas, comments, concerns, and questions from the student body that way we can address them by taking them to administration, or speaking with those who would be able to assist in those endeavors.

In pursuing an alternate name, it would still most likely draw in those ideas and comments which might be seen as negative. This is by no means what this forum should represent, but instead address matters concerning the student life on campus. We hope the name does not distract from the overall point of the service, which is to make it easier for you and everyone else to get in contact with USG.

Please feel free to reach out to us by email, stopping by our office in the Student Center, or attending Senate…

11. "On Trailhead" in emails

I have been receiving quite a lot of emails that tell me important pieces of information are "On Trailhead."

In case you are not aware [SARCASM], Trailhead is not a small website. it is rather time-consuming to have to hunt for every little thing emails tell me to check.

This problem could be resolved by linking students to the specific page from the email or at least having emails tell us what section the information is under.

This is especially problematic for new students, who are not particularly familiar with the site.

The issue is exacerbated by trailhead's design, which…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop cancelling our RTD passes!

Since about last October, some of us have had our bus passes cancelled or invalidated with no warning for no stated reason.

That shouldn't be happening, considering we pay to have bus passes that work during the school year!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good afternoon! We have a new installment of USG for this academic year and we are working to respond to all posts on here in a timely manner! As far as we are aware, this issue was resolved. If you are still having difficulties, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us again! Thank you very much for voicing your concerns.

13. Parking at mines

I know I’m like the 500th person to complain about parking, but it’s not without good reason that so many people are complaining. This system is broken and as somebody who is paying out the nose for a parking permit it is absolutely infuriating that I can rarely find a parking spot in my designated lots. Worse still is when I find cars without permits in the lot, cars that are double parked, reserved spaces that are never in use, and even construction crews that block off dozens of spaces with cones even when there are no workers on site…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. After hours access to first aid in dorms

Howdy, USG.

Last year I learned that there is no medical service on campus after working hours and from 12 to 1 because the health office is closed. While the hospital is and should be the primary way students are dealing with life-threatening injuries, for minor bumps and bruises that really aren't worth an emergency room charge, I would ask for an opportunity to have access to a first aid kit in the dorms after 8 pm when the front desks close. Like a fire extinguisher, this should be one of the things that anyone can use if they need…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. JUNIOR

As a freshman, I understand why we would be assigned a parking lot further from the central area of campus, but I really don't like that it is a dirt and gravel lot. It washes out when it rains and it doesn't have lines so the parking is awful, generally where many spaces are just wasted. Thank you for your time!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mines Market (JUNIOR)

This may seem like a silly request but can we get trash cans in Mines Market? It is simply just inconvenient to not have trash cans! Sometimes I'll be doing homework and I have papers to throw away but I have to hold onto them until I get to my dorm. I feel like it would make Mines Market cleaner if we had access to trash cans. I also feel (maybe its just me) but I feel bad giving banana peels and apple cores to the dish crew and I find it unnecessary to give them my used napkins when…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Use of athletic facilities

A lot of students here were former athletes, but decided not to pursue any further in order to focus on education. Working out in the evenings or at night is also extremely common due to class, homework, and studying. Outdoor workouts are a nice change of pace so it would be nice for the fields to have lights that can be turned on so people can exercise more casually whenever they want. With the number of students growing, students should have more access to a variety of opportunities outdoor instead of fencing everything, locking large outdoor equipment, and leaving the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Registration Problems (JUNIOR)

I understand that registration is a stressful and very complicated, but sometimes the options are just ridiculous. For example, many freshmen tried to sign up for Chemistry 2 but were not able to get in as it filled way too fast.

Personally, I am having issues to sign up for Physics 1, which is ridiculous. Why would it be difficult to fit into a core class? Same with economics, all the seats filled up so rapidly I must wait until next semester in order to take the course.

It would be nice if some more planning was put into the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The elevator in Alderson is painfully slow.

Anything to speed it up would be awesome!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. PASTRA reservation system is unruly and difficult

the reservation platform for the student center and green center is much better. It does have problems but it's much more straight forward.
    Also I want to be able to reserve a space based on which room I specifically want, instead of putting in the parameters that I hope will get me to a place where i can select the same room.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?