Skip to content

Undergraduate Students

453 results found

1. Make forms electronic

Is there anyway we can move towards electronic forms? Every time I need to make a change, I need to get my advisor and department head's signature (and possibly a professor's signature). This is not only inconvenient because I have to physically to track down everyone down every time. Inevitably this process takes weeks, when we have extremely short deadlines (for example the ASI/Minor deadline where the form is due the first day of the semester rather than Census day). Multiple forms I've submitted via paper regarding course substitutions, advisor changes, etc. have been lost, extremely delayed, or simply never…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Talks are in the works of moving towards a more digitized form system with the registrar. This could greatly improve our efficiency and the ease of the process for students. With this being said, conversations have begun, but it will be awhile until a good solution and system is put in place. As we learn more, we will be sure to keep the student body updated!
    Thanks,
    Mines USG

2. No more peking plate

Peking plate is not as good as habaneros, it takes longer and its not good food. I had an interview on campus and the recruiter was upset that habaneros was not longer there and was replaced by Peking Plate.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. BSO needs to be way more clear on their rules and guidelines

It's really hard to navigate being a treasurer with BSO's rules being so strict with little indication of what they actually are. There are some rules that are outlined in the allocations form (which is not due until March, so some new treasurers may not look at it until then) that are not stated anywhere else on BSO's Engage page, including the Prezi for treasurer training and the powerpoint from in-person training. Examples of this include that you can't buy tee shirts with BSO money, you're only allowed to spend 25% on food, and there's a vague piece on the…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fix our parking issues with a shuttle system, redesigning the current parking lots, more bike racks, or ANYTHING really

Parking is a huge issue for this campus. Whether you have a general or a commuter, you can never find parking and all of the lots are being taken away by new construction. I know of many students who have been absurdly late to classes because of this and I have experienced the same.

My personal experience today was the most frustrating I have experienced this far. I am a graduate student teaching a class on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11 am. Parking is an issue every week... and this week I tried to prepare for that. I arrived to…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Apple Pie Pizza

Please make the apple pie pizza an every week event. Its too good and we all need to taste its deliciousness every week or else we will fail out.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Food Trucks: better/healthier food

Sodexo is terrible. Let’s use the new pedestrian plaza as a place to invite local food vendors to serve healthier, better quality, and locally sourced food.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! In regards to Sodexo, Mines is currently in contract with them but USG’s Food Committee is dedicated to improving food on campus, including concerns pertaining to Sodexo. The committee is led by Willie Konishi, Junior class president. Your concerns for healthier options concerning Sodexo will be relayed to them. But in the grander scheme of things, we are concerned about health on campus as well and wanted to look into ways that we could support healthier food choices for students. In fact, USG has just began on an initiative to bring a “farmer’s market” type event to campus along with other clubs/orgs. We would bring in local farmers and businesses to participate so the Mines community can become more familiar with local and healthy food. This initiative is also being led by Willie Konishi, the Junior class president. If you are interested in helping us bring local and healthy…

7. Don't Extend Paid Parking Until 7:00!

I know there's a lot of complaints about parking on here, but this is a little different. I've heard that Parking Services is going to extend paid parking on campus until 7pm! Anyone who's been on campus after 5pm knows that parking at that time isn't an issue--it's really just from 10am to 3pm. Extending the hours isn't a solution to the parking problems, it's just a way for the school to make more money. In addition, this change makes it even harder for people without parking permits (Mines Park residents, etc.)/with commuter permits to access the gym, library, or…

1,209 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good afternoon! Thank you for voicing your concern to us! After talking with President Johnson and confirming with Parking Services, we have confirmed that they will not be extending paid parking restricted hours on campus! As verified in the Daily Blast on 9/17/18, parking confirmed this to be true. FEAR NOT MINES, PARKING SHALL REMAIN 7am-5pm Monday-Friday! Let us know if any other concerns should arise! Thank you.

-USG

8. 40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mines Needs to Improve Commuter Parking

I know I'm not the only person to complain about parking at mines, but it is absolutely a joke. This morning I pulled into the A/AA parking lot with what I thought was plenty of time to find a spot and walk to class. However, I circled the entire lot with several cars behind me and I could not find a single spot. I drove to the other commuter lot, and over to the football field to try and find parking and I couldn't find anything.I eventually jut gave up and parked in downtown Golden. It's ridiculous to charge students…

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The air conditioner in Elm makes the rooms smell bad.

Ever since we moved in, any time we turn the air on in our dorm, it seems to start smelling gross. We know for sure its not our items because if we turn it off the smell goes away. I'm not sure if its a filter issue, but its really annoying!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The ORC should be open on weekends!

I don't understand why the ORC would be closed on the most popular days for going tubing and such. Everyone has different schedules so doing something during the week is nearly impossible, especially if there's homework, projects, etc. Most people only have free time on the weekends. Open the ORC for rentals!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Q lot is now General Parking (but no new Commuter parking!)

Changing the Q lot to General Parking makes no sense unless the objective is to force more people to buy more expensive General Parking permits. Commuter lots are already full during peak hours (see "Stop giving commuter pass holders parking tickets..."). General parking permit holders can park in commuter lots if General parking is full, but now it is assured that Commuter pass holders will be forced to the K lot or off campus.

CHANGE IT BACK until the parking garage is finished, or tell us where to park when everything is full.

201 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. USG is being irresponsible with money

I'd like to point out that every student here is paying a lot of money to go to Mines. In that, a large chunk of the money is going toward USG to help better our campus. USG is around to make campus better and hear the complaints of fellow students. USG is NOT here to use our money to buy headbands, hoodies, shirts, pants, and UNDERWEAR with the phrasing "We put the STUD in student gov". Which is exactly what they are planning to do with the money. It's really great that they are currently focusing on what color the…

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for voicing your concern to us! It is of the utmost importance to USG that we are actively working to better campus and student life for everyone. With that being said, we do receive a large portion of funds from student fees, but that money then gets reallocated to the 9 governing bodies that make up USG. The large majority of these funds go directly to MAC, BSO, BSM, etc. USG allocates a low amount of necessary funds to effectively do our job in bettering student life on campus with our various initiatives.

As far as the merchandise, we did purchase shirts for all of our members because it is very important for us to get our name out to the student body as it is our job to listen and voice their opinions to higher administration. We believe this purchase serves an important…

14. I want to know how to do tricks with computer basics.

I already know how to use a phone. So, I just need to know how to put letters into this TV.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Computer labs are not cleaned thoroughly often enough

The desks and area around the computer monitors in many labs (especially BB136/Alamode) accumulate junk left by other students, dust, and other debris. The monitors themselves also accumulate dust and pencil marks.

Classrooms that don't have computers don't seem to have this problem. I notice that the floors and chairs are vacuumed so I think it would be a good idea for the desks and monitor area to be cleaned as thoroughly as any other classroom.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Summer use of the SRC

In the same vein as the lack of field session financial aid and RTD passes, access to the student rec center is revoked in the summer months for everyone except those in official mines summer classes. I understand that we technically aren't paying the exorbitant gym fee during the summer, but we pay so much for the gym during the year two more months that don't even include private classes shouldn't hurt. The gym staff is already being paid to be there and the gym is hardly at capacity. This is especially relevant for summer employees, many of whom live…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. USG Doesn't Actually Address What's Your Beef Issues

As of when I am making this post, May 15th 2018, the last post USG commented on was made at the end of January. It is unacceptable that USG provide What's Your Beef as a place for students to air their grievances but then ignore them for months. Of the issues that do get addressed, the majority are rejected or stuck in the limbo that is "planned" or "started" without any action. This makes the students feel ignored and that USG is doing nothing for them.

Please USG, at least comment on all the issues so students can have closure.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good afternoon! First off, I would like to apologize for the lack of responses recently through What’s Your Beef. Response times have been slow or lacking in the past and as the new USG installed for this academic year, this is something we are working to improve! We greatly appreciate student’s voicing their opinions through this portal and we believe it is imperative that we listen and respond to what is being said. With this being said, we have started a What’s Your Beef Committee within USG solely dedicated to reading, investigating, and resolving issues brought forth through What’s Your Beef. I hope this aims to improve upon our response times and provide better answers for you all! Thank you and we hope in the future to better serve you all and utilize What’s Your Beef more effectively and thoroughly.

18. Meal Plans for Fall 2018/Spring 2019

For next year, the highest level meal plan for freshmen is a 19 meal swipes a week.

This is absolutely unacceptable because this does not even allow the residential students to have three meal a day at Mines Market. I feel like this is an absolute travesty because as a freshmen some of the best memories I had was going to Mines Market with my friends and decompressing after a long day. Without the freedom of at least three meals at Mines Market a day, these freshmen are loosing an important and fun part of Mines

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Wooden Floors in a Ballroom in the Student Center

A large space with wooden floors on campus is highly sought after, and while the Green Center is being renovated, there are few affordable options. If Ballrooms D and E, for example, had wooden floors, the space could be used to host events, offer easier clean-up, and help even demand for the wooden floored rooms in the Student Recreation Center (McNeil and Isaacs). Wooden floors would benefit many clubs and events on campus, such as Ballroom Dance and Karate club, and could be used for many activities and events that benefit from wooden floors such as conference events, cultural events,…

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The digital clock outside the SRC has been wrong for 7 years

The digital clock outside the SRC is consistently off by about 10 minutes and it has annoyed me for 7 years. You would think that when the DST happens or when it goes away, the clock would be correct for a day or two, but no, the clock is literally useless to tell time. Please fix.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 22 23