Skip to content

Undergraduate Students

453 results found

1. Mines Student Directory ought to be made students-only, like many other universities.

The Mines student directory is open to the public to search for names, majors, emails, and whatever else you have allowed through trailhead (but at minimum, your name and major). But you cannot be removed from the directory unless you also don't want to walk with your class at graduation, or get involved in anything that requires a confirmation of attendance. The only way to have your information removed from the public eye is for Mines to pretend like you don't exist, which can be detrimental for acquiring scholarships and jobs. Many other large universities require students to log into…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Why is Mines still open today?

Many school districts in the Denver area are closed due to a CREDIBLE threat to public and student safety. There is now an individual who is infatuated with the Columbine Shooting in Jeffco with a pump action shotgun and ammo, and we are the only school left open... At this point in the semester, I know many students feel they can’t afford to miss class, and many students will come to school regardless of how they feel about the situation. I feel like this is totally disregarding the safety of Mines students.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Required recitations should be scheduled at the same time as the course time.

Recitations generally are required and scheduled later in the afternoon compared to the course they are linked with. They should be instead scheduled at the exact same time as the course scheduled time as if it were a normal class day. This makes a lot of students who have extra curricular afternoon activities, or jobs miss out on the required recitations that are supposed to help them in the first place. I don't see why they can't match the times better or at least offer earlier recitations?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Votes should be reset more often

If issues on What's Your Beef don't get resolved within a certain time frame, they should be returned to users. I often find myself having to go back through the things I have voted on to rescind votes from a year or more ago to be able to bring attention to current issues. If something hasn't gotten resolved in six months, it's probably never going to get resolved and impedes new and current issues from getting the support they deserve.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. MechE shirt is ugly

I don't think it was a great idea to allow people to vote multiple times. The shirt's design is pretty plain and somewhat lame compared to the other shirts from other departments.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. USG doesn't do anything

USG is basically useless. They respond to nothing on what's your beef and all they do is try to give more disgusting meal options instead of habaneros. It is simply something to put on their resume (except Sevy, he actually cares!).

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for expressing your concern to us. We have spent a majority of this year revamping how we tackle projects on campus. We have transitioned to a new system intended to promote more collaboration from all members of USG and students on campus. By changing this system, we did have a slow start getting reorganized and implementing the new initiatives, but we hope that we have begun to make a visible change on campus that can continue into next year. We also are in the midst of allocations which is a major responsibility of USG. Student fees are distributed to the governing bodies to be used for the coming year through a voting process.

We invite you and anyone interested to attend any of our senate meetings (they’re all open to the public) and hear more about what we are actively working on!

-USG

7. Parking ticket even when paid for parking????

So my friend paid for hourly parking on campus recently. He got a ticket even though he was very sure that he still had time left from when he paid for the parking. He called parking services and got the timestamps for everything. He received the ticket 10 min before his parking expired which means that they tried to charge him even if he ALREADY PAID for the parking. When he tried to contest the ticket they said the only thing they could do was reduce it to a warning. This is ridiculous a warning for what? Paying for parking??…

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix our parking issues with a shuttle system, redesigning the current parking lots, more bike racks, or ANYTHING really

Parking is a huge issue for this campus. Whether you have a general or a commuter, you can never find parking and all of the lots are being taken away by new construction. I know of many students who have been absurdly late to classes because of this and I have experienced the same.

My personal experience today was the most frustrating I have experienced this far. I am a graduate student teaching a class on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11 am. Parking is an issue every week... and this week I tried to prepare for that. I arrived to…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Free Beer Samples at the Carnival

I know this may not be a big deal for everyone but in the past at carnival there have historically been free beer samples. As a freshly turned 21 year old I was looking forward to being able to partake at this EDays, but instead was told I have to pay for it. Granted, it was a good price, $5 for 3, but it was still disappointing. What happened?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Janitor walking on me

Maple Hall resident here. I've had a reoccurring issue with the janitorial staff. I know we are given a time frame for when the janitors are going to clean the bathrooms; however, this time frame is unreasonably large. I feel this way, for multiple times this semester I have been walked in on while pleasuring myself. Granted sometimes they knock, if this weren't the case the number of times would be well in the double digits. I'm just asking for a more specific time frame so I can plan my free time around it. Thanks!

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Financial Aid Portal within Self Service is Impossible to Navigate

When I log into Trailhead and head to the Self Service tab, I get frustrated so quickly. The anger is mainly centered around how difficult it is to use the Financial Aid portal within Self Service. It's ridiculously hard to navigate, and I often end up going in circles online when I'm looking for specific information. The interface is not user-friendly at all, and I usually give up and decide I need to set aside time to physically visit the Financial Aid office the next day. We pay so much money to the school; it shouldn't be this hard to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Oreprint Connectivity

Am I the only person who’s personal computer refuses to connect to the Oreprint system? If not why is this still a problem?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'm having a hard time...

I have a solid 10 minutes in between classes in CK, and need a quiet spot to jerk off in between my classes. Any good suggestions??? i though a gender neutral bathroom would be a good idea to allow us all the stroke it out at the stressful moments in the day.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make forms electronic

Is there anyway we can move towards electronic forms? Every time I need to make a change, I need to get my advisor and department head's signature (and possibly a professor's signature). This is not only inconvenient because I have to physically to track down everyone down every time. Inevitably this process takes weeks, when we have extremely short deadlines (for example the ASI/Minor deadline where the form is due the first day of the semester rather than Census day). Multiple forms I've submitted via paper regarding course substitutions, advisor changes, etc. have been lost, extremely delayed, or simply never…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Talks are in the works of moving towards a more digitized form system with the registrar. This could greatly improve our efficiency and the ease of the process for students. With this being said, conversations have begun, but it will be awhile until a good solution and system is put in place. As we learn more, we will be sure to keep the student body updated!
    Thanks,
    Mines USG

15. Parking AGAIN.

So today I got to campus at 6 am for work and of course found a great commuter spot right outside the sorority houses next to the stairs. When I tried to leave campus to eat lunch, I couldn't leave because someone parked about an inch behind me (IT'S NOT EVEN A SPOT). This is not an exaggeration all the way walking up to my car I thought someone had hit it because they were so close. The car in front of me was about a foot away. This was reasonable but with the car behind me there was no…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mines Market Staff Needs to Throw Away Their Cigarette Butts

Outside of the Weaver Towers and other areas are littered with cigarette butts, often times mere feet away from a trash can or cigarette receptical. The only people I see in those areas are Mines Market employees smoking cigarettes. Staff needs to quit littering our beautiful campus with cigarette butts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. E-Days Concert Lineup

E-Days Concert Lineup

I'd like to suggest a re-selecting and structuring of the E-Days concert lineup to something that more accurately represents the student body and their tastes across genres. Of all of the people I've talked to there aren't many who are all too pleased with the options presented in the Survey.

This year has shown the exclusion of anything with a resemblance to EDM. Electronic music is the concert genre of choice for much of the student body and I'd like to suggest another look at the drawing board of ideas we can afford. This year has two…

313 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Music in mines market is on loop

The music in mines market is on a loop i should not be able to tell the time based on the song. This is going to make me go insane and should be fixed immediately

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More Table Near Sub Connection

There is so much space upstairs and there are 3 measly table in front of Jamba Juice and Sub Connection. Is there any way we can have a couple more tables up there as there is plenty of space for them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Non-Varsity Use of the McKee Weightroom in Volk Gymnasium

As it stands currently, the McKee Weight room is allowed only to Varsity athletes, but I feel that due to the amount of fees that each individual student is paying the McKee weight room should be open to reservation by student organizations. As it stands right now the Rec Center is always packed, and a group of students who wish to lift together are completely out of luck when it comes to using the free weights/bars if they want to and being able to get out of the gym in under 2 hours.

My proposal is as follows:
    Allow students…

121 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for voicing your opinion on this matter. We agree that the SRC has had a large increase in usage to correspond with an increased enrollment at Mines. This in turn has overcrowded the Rec. gym at peak hours. Allowing club sports, ROTC, and other student groups to use the McKee weight room would decrease the strain on the SRC.
    Last semester your Junior class representatives began working on a solution to this issue and come up with a similar idea to the one posted. There are a handful of problems that must be addressed for this to happen. Scheduling around Varsity sports, supervision of users, implementation of a portal, and administrative approval are few.
    Unfortunately, these problems take time to overcome. In the short-term we will contact the SRC staff to see about maximizing the usable space in the gym and increasing students access to workout…

1 2 5 7 9 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Undergraduate Students

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base