What's Your Beef?

Something Mines should change...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Stop letting other departments reserve the Mining computer lab!

We didn't have a computer lab with mining software all last semester (I want my technology fee refunded) and now with a new computer lab the Registrar allows non-mining classes to reserve the lab. We routinely get kicked out by EPICS, MechE, and other classes and THIS IS THE ONLY LAB WITH THE MINING SOFTWARE THAT WE NEED! Stop letting other classes reserve our lab. It is especially frustrating when a mechanical class uses our lab and their lab upstairs is available.

189 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The process has been started to resolve this issue. Please leave more comments about this problem so USG can bring them to administration and implement a permanent solution.

-USG

UPDATE:
      USG had a meeting with members from the registrar, the mining department, and the college. The solution was determined to reserve blocks of time where students can use the room for studying and homework. You can decide the times that work best for you here: http://when2meet.com/?5853872-z7t6i

-Love USG

• We need a space to have fun on campus!

One thing I've noticed about the Mines campus is that there is no place to just hang out or do things that are not school work. Most of our students are commuters, but Mines remains the central meetup spot. Most students are also on campus all day during the week. We can't just study all the time.

I propose that some sort of space is created for students to relax or have fun. This space would have comfortable seating, some sort of tv, maybe some games, and art supplies like paint or clay. The funds for this could come from…

9 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Parking at Mines

I think that the changes made to parking at Mines have royally disordered the already broken parking system. Making the lowest CTLM lot a commuter was one of the most ridiculous things parking services could have done. I pay close to $100 dollars more for a General Permit and it gives me the ability to park 20 foot closer than a lucky commuter? And thats only on a good day when I can even find a place to park ANYWHERE. Now they tried to make things right by adding a general lot by the ROTC building by Q lot. Sweet…

60 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is something USG has been working on over the past few years. In the school’s 5 year plan they’re planning to construct a parking garage that would bring around 700 new spots. This is a project will take multiple years to complete and the recent price increases are going towards the construction of this parking garage. Feel free to comment below with anymore questions or concerns, come in to our Senate meetings, or come to our office hours!
          Sincerely USG!

• Actually Use the Emergency Alert

I feel like after the event near Mines Park last night it needs to be addressed. Last night there was an imminent threat, and once again no text about it and not even an email yet at 9am the morning after. This year there has been 2 potential shooters and a package that was viewed as a bomb threat. It'd be nice to actually make use of the system that is supposed to protect us. What's the point of testing the equipment if it is never going to be used. Last year I got a text about an active shooter…

54 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Improve Apparel Options at Bookstore

Maybe its just me, but the clothing options at the bookstore are pretty terrible. Don't get me wrong, the brand options are pretty nice, as is the quality of the products, but the designs for most of the gear are pretty mediocre. Each semester I run by the store to see if the stock has turned over and some new life has been breathed into the collection, but I'm always greeted with a sea of dull gray with the occasional patterned gray or blip of dark navy with unappealing and often wordy panel designs. Is there any way we can…

10 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)