Skip to content

Undergraduate Students

453 results found

1. Why must Blackboard Course Evaluations Close so Early?

I feel participation rates for the Blackboard course evaluations would increase if they did not close on dead day. I cannot speak for everyone, but personally I am much more likely to complete the evaluations once I have completed my finals and am no longer spending time studying. Is there a reason they close the evaluations on dead day?

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. CTLM Lady supplies

Okay, so this one is a complaint from any girl that has used the CTLM restroom. The napkins and tampons machines require quarters... But quarters won't fit in the slot! There's a plastic extrusion on all the machines that won't allow for a quarter to be deposited. I get the feeling that the machines just weren't installed correctly.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Subway needs to be open later

Why does Subway close at 5PM now? As a student that doesn't have a meal plan and who isn't going to pay to go to Mines Market, this is a pretty big inconvenience.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We asked Mines dining about why Subway closes at the times it does and they responded by telling us that they monitor how many people come into Subway at a time. Since not as many people frequent Subway as the other dining locations they felt it was in the student’s best interest to close it earlier because if it was open longer and more often it would raise the overall Meal Plan costs for all of the other students. So since, it is not as frequented as other establishments it’s not open as long because it is not cost effective to keep it open for longer. If you feel strongly about this matter and are okay with potentially raising the costs, feel free to email us or come stop by our office hours!

Sincerely,
    USG

4. All of the chairs (lecture chairs with the little desks) in Berthoud 241 squeak so much that it becomes a huge distraction during exams

In Berthoud 241, where I have taken more than one exam now, the folding chairs and small desks that accompany them (which are tiny) squeak a lot more than most lecture halls do. It's hard to concentrate during a calculus test when there are 200 other people in the hall moving the desks even just a little bit, which makes them squeak. I wouldn't have said anything unless it was such a big deal. I feel like people in Cal I and II who have taken a test in there would agree with me.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

UPDATE:

This issue has been resolved. USG treached out to facilities and a work order 92753 was made and accomplished.

Love
    USG

The USG Sophomore Class sent out a survey about exam rooms and we received very valuable feedback on testing rooms. Berthoud 241 is one of the locations that need improvements and the Sophomore Class completely agrees with you. We are currently talking to the Registrar about changing/improving the exam rooms used in common hour exams.
    Thank you for you time!

Sincerely,
    USG

5. Mines market needs better vegetarian food

Mines market needs better vegetarian options. I often go there and the vegetarian option is empty and all of the other options are heavily meat based. I have found myself eating only salad (the pizza is also all meat) for most of the week and I'm looking for variety and some food that I can eat for the money that I pay for my meal plan

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Piano in Brown Building should be moved.

The piano in the study area in Brown Building is a great idea - in theory. I know most of us could use a little more art and music in our lives, but it's not OK for those with the confidence to practice in public to be allowed to impose their musical shortcomings on all the other people trying to study productively. Today I watched at least six people get up and leave the area after someone sat down and began practicing - quite poorly. Nobody wants to hear someone else's repeated mistakes and off-tempo version of The Moonlight Sonata…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

USG has polled this issue and unfortunately the school is divided on it. Some love the music and like to play there while others can not study with i being played.

Since this is not the only study space on campus and students can easily put on headphones and some students like the piano, USG is declining this suggestion.

7. Get daycare on campus!

It's hard to be a student here with a family, and this one change would help a lot.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. NONE OF THE TAMPON MACHINES HAVE TAMPONS!!!! AM I SUPPOSED TO BLEED ALL OVER THE DESKS OR WHAT?!?

NONE OF THE TAMPON MACHINES HAVE TAMPONS!!!! AM I SUPPOSED TO BLEED ALL OVER THE DESKS OR WHAT?!?

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The sanitary product machines have not been refilled for quite some time due to the fact they they just are not used frequently enough. If the products are in the machines too long, they expire and are not usable. We have addressed this issue and custodial is removing all machines that are not attached to the building. Those that are attached will have signs posted on them that explain the machines are not in use. We hope this addresses your issues.
    Sincerely,
    USG

9. Janitor walking on me

Maple Hall resident here. I've had a reoccurring issue with the janitorial staff. I know we are given a time frame for when the janitors are going to clean the bathrooms; however, this time frame is unreasonably large. I feel this way, for multiple times this semester I have been walked in on while pleasuring myself. Granted sometimes they knock, if this weren't the case the number of times would be well in the double digits. I'm just asking for a more specific time frame so I can plan my free time around it. Thanks!

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Wait list for classes should automatically add you

If you sign up for a class and are put on the wait list you should be automatically added when the spot opens up. Currently you have 24hrs to logon and add the class. This is a terrible policy especially over summer break! I missed adding a class by an hour in the middle of summer. After questioning the policy I was informed that some people didn't realize they were added to a class and ended up getting an F in the class.
    Penalizing the people with lives outside of school, for the stupid ones, is not the way to…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We brought this up in USG and it seems the majority of people favor the 24 hour policy and think that it is fair. We’d rather not risk anyone getting an F unknowingly, even if it was a mistake they made. People make mistakes, we don’t want to see students ruining their GPA because of it. If you know you are on a waitlist for a class, check your email.

Love,
    USG

11. Publicize the What's Your Beef forum to Campus

I've mentioned this to many people and it seems like no one is aware of it. This is a powerful tool, but only if the people are aware of it.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

UPDATE: Have you seen the cows on campus?Hopefully!! We are continuously trying to find ways to publicize this forum. Word of mouth always helps! Let your friends know, we would love to hear everyones feedback!
    Thanks for your input! We will send out a campus wide email this week about projects we’ve been working on as well as how to give feedback using this website. Hopefully this increases traffic but if its not effective then we will send out an email just about this website before the end of the semester so that people are aware of it. We post links on our facebook page every once in a while but that has so few followers that I don’t think its very effective.

12. Lines for General Street Parking

We should add lines on the streets where general parking permits are allowed. Many people on campus with General permits take up two spaces and park too far from other cars. Many cases I see two cars taking up three or four street spots. Adding lines would help deter this from happening and ensure more available parking to everyone who pays for a general permit.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Remove the required cost of the rec center

All students are required to pay a very expensive cost for the rec center but only a small fraction of us actually use the rec center. I want the option of adding it to my tuition bill so I am not wasting my precious money for tuition and books or I choose to pay for it making me more motivated to go to the gym. I find it ridiculous how much we pay for it. Especially during the summer. Make it optional!

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Door and Building locks

The pattern and schedule in which doors on essentially all the buildings are locked is ridiculous and inconsistant. There's no rhyme or reason and it makes entering and leaving buildings frustrating. At the very least facilities could explain why certain doors are locked and certain doors aren't.

On the weekends, there's no way to tell which buildings and which ones aren't, and it changes from week to week. If classrooms and labs are locked that's fine, but the fact that I'm just trying to find a study room and can't because 90% of buildings are locked for no reason is…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Slate needs extended hours

Weekend breakfast should start the same time as a weekend (I get up early on the weekends and have to eat off campus). Also, dinner at slate should be served after 7:15 p.m. Eating dinner at 8 pm isn't unreasonable.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

UPDATE: The hours at the new market in Elm are going to be open longer, available for money, munch money, and meal swipes.

Sodexo is currently thinking about extending the hours of the Slate Cafe during the weekdays, potentially until 9pm. However, if this was the decided course of action, Slate would be closed for a few hours during the day when there is minimal traffic-same with early weekends.

Any further opinions about this subject can be sent to samcoope@mymail.mines.edu.

Chris Pacher (Junior Class USG) plans to bring this up at the next Sodexo dining committee meeting. We will update you with any new news. Thanks for being patient!

17. The credit card scanners at einsteins, subway, etc take way too long

It shouldn't take 2 minutes to process a credit card order at einsteins. The machines are ridiculous and it causes huge lines

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! We recently discussed this in a meeting with the head of CCIT and we just sent him another email to ask for an update about how they have been addressing the problem. We will keep you updated!

UPDATE: The Sophomore Class contacted the head of CCIT and he forwarded our email to Mrs. Goberis from Sodexo. She informed us that they have ordered a new credit card scanner for Einstein’s and that they are updating all credit card scanners over winter break. We hope that this will solve the problem!

UPDATE:
    We contacted Sodexo and CCIT again and they said they would work on improving the software for the credit card scanners over spring break. Please keep us informed if you don’t see any improvements after spring break so we can contact them again.
    Thanks!
    Sincerely,
    USG

18. The Rec Center's Pool hours should be made more available during the weekdays!

I really like the rec center's pool - but its hours during the weekdays are horrible! If you can't make it around the lunch hour then you can't go until 6:30 pm...I usually work out around 2pm so I'm not going to wait around on campus for 4 hours until I can get access...No one is using the pool either which is weird....

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Email Lists

Seriously I'm sick of getting my email overloaded with emails I don't care about! I should be on a mailing list for things that concern my class, or my major. I don't care about offering a 500 level class if I'm a freshman. I don't care that the faculty can't access their account for an hour. It makes me miss and overlook emails that are actually important. STOP IT.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Here is the quote from the comment on this post from Jack Rosenthal:

“You can change your subscription preferences at mailman.mines.edu, just type in your mymail address and you can get the password for the list preferences emailed to you.

I like changing the lists to digest mode, I get one email per day from each list with a digest from all the posts from that day. Helps keep the inbox clean.

Additionally, you can set up filters through the gmail web interface, simply have it mach all emails with [ugrad] (or whatever list) and dump them in their own folder."

Thanks Jack!

Love,
    USG

20. Crosswalks on Campus

Has anyone noticed that, though the concrete on the sidewalk will dip and imply that a certain path is ideal for pedestrian crossing, there are technically zero painted cross walks on campus?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?