Skip to content

Undergraduate Students

452 results found

1. CTLM Planters

The planters in the ctlm foyer are gross and an eyesore. I would like to see them at least cleaned or removed, but it would be nice to have actual plants in there. I don't know what the original intention was with them but they do not seem to be serving the same purpose they once did. The space is really nice with big windows, beautiful art pieces and interesting architecture, but I feel like the planters just bring down the entire vibe.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Campus  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Library Study Rooms

In the last year, the library study rooms have been booked 5,789 times. This does not include walk-ins. For those reservations, students spend an average of two hours in the rooms each session. Students reserve study rooms to independently study, have job interviews, attend virtual classes and webinars, meet with groups, and even host TA office hours.

Despite playing such an important role for students, the study rooms haven’t been updated in decades. Seeing as the graduate student government, working alongside the library, was able to remodel the study rooms on the third floor a few years ago, I think…

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Water Bottle Filling Stations

There is a lack of water bottle filling stations, especially in Alderson Hall. Adding new stations (fountain and bottle filler) would make using a water bottle much easier. Even just transitioning water fountains (like the one near the east stairs in CTLM) to fountain/filler hybrids would be helpful.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. MINES MARKET NEEDS TO EITHER IMPROVE FOOD QUALITY OR DRAMATICALLY REDUCE WHAT THEY CHARGE US.

Mines Market is honestly some of the worst cafeteria food I have ever had and I have eaten cafeteria food just about everywhere whether its on military bases or college campuses. It's also the most expensive. For the marble meal plan I am paying around $6,500 for less than 8 months of extremely low quality food. Whats worse is that is compulsory for freshman so Mines is really committing highway robbery when it comes to the prices and quality served at what I thought was a semi-prestigious school. Whats worse is that the staff don't even know how to properly…

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Free Speech Policy

Political tabling in the plaza is creating an unsafe space for students. This type of tabling is creating harassment toward others that walk by. Although it is a Free Speech area we do not need to be condemned by pictures and other various visuals. This does not bewilder their tables, however, it is a movement on various social media platforms that have been proven to be a positive outcome for both sides. Post of this nature is censored to protect users from visuals that can disturb or trigger them. You should not allow people who pay to go here to…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Concussion Protocol is Whack

When club sports athletes get concussions at practice or games they are directed to receive a diagnosis from the Health Center to be able to start the process to receive accommodations. When a player gets a concussion after the health center is closed and then has an exam that evening there is no guidance for how to handle that situation. This often leaves the athlete to think that they have to take the exam causing them to do worse. While some professors are considerate others are not.
    If a student gets a potential concussion at practice or for any other…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Academics  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Replace Sodexo

The food vendors and options here at Mines need to be revamped. The food quality I would say is the worst of any school I have had in Colorado of the major schools. For being a world class institution, with an expensive bill, the food should be a lot better. We should terminate contracts and find better suppliers and vendors.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am another person with a beef about parking. I drove around literally 40 minutes today looking in several lots, not one space available.

When I started at Mines, Freshman were not allowed to have vehicles on campus. Restrictions were lifted with COVID, but were they ever put back in place? If there are more parking permits issued than spots available, then the number should be capped to align with the spots.
    They just closed lot I to build a parking garage, which is great. What is not good is that they list a bunch of temporary parking that does not exist yet. Don’t close a lot before creating equivalent parking while it is closed.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Door and Building locks

The pattern and schedule in which doors on essentially all the buildings are locked is ridiculous and inconsistant. There's no rhyme or reason and it makes entering and leaving buildings frustrating. At the very least facilities could explain why certain doors are locked and certain doors aren't.

On the weekends, there's no way to tell which buildings and which ones aren't, and it changes from week to week. If classrooms and labs are locked that's fine, but the fact that I'm just trying to find a study room and can't because 90% of buildings are locked for no reason is…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. General Beef

My beef is as follows: This school ******* sucks. You boast a high average starting salary only because its a STEM school, of course the average is going to be higher than a school with liberal arts degrees. You boast high job placement rate for the exact same reason. If I graduated from Boulder, I would also get a good first job, and after that first job, it doesn't matter where you went to school, only industry experience. Meanwhile, the quality of life on this campus is dogshit. The campus and Golden are dead by 9pm, everyone is just studying…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There’s no free (non-meal swap) food after 8:30 on campus!

As somebody who enjoys a late, post-gym meal sometime around 9ish I’ve been very disappointed by the lack of available food options at night. With the switch to Zime, Mines is limiting students to 3 meals after 8:30 a week. This is unacceptable for us who like to eat late for any number of reasons. Bring back non-meal exchange food at night!

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Update the Software Infrastructure at Mines

There are too many students on campus for the absolutely abysmal connectivity issues at Mines. Isengard crashes almost every day at 2 pm because the servers are overloaded. 90 percent of the time I have to rely on using data because the wifi goes down. If Mines is going to insist on admitting the ludicrous number of students it has (which honestly is a problem in it of itself) then they need to prioritize updating the outdated software and connection infrastructure. Students should be assured of having consistent connection to the internet at an ENGINEERING school

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Campus  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Graffit Memorial

Not my original idea, but I believe we should erect a statue of K-9 Officer Graffit on campus. He lost his life protecting our community was overall a very good doggo.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There is not enough space on Campus

This campus has been too small for the undergraduate class since I came to Mines in 2020. The gym is too small and you will spend much more time waiting for machines and weights to free up than actually working out. I live 5 minutes off campus and yet if I don't leave 30+ minutes early I will be late for class because I have to drive across the entire campus looking for a single open parking spot. There are multiple restaurants on campus that have just been closed since my Freshman year with no reasons given causing lines and…

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Campus  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mines needs to better parking or lower the cost or lower parking costs and they need to add security

Parking sucks at mines, I’m paying over 300 dollars for a parking spot and the parking sucks. Not only that the AA lot is sketchy there should be a fence and some cameras as a woman I do not feel safe walking there alone and I don’t like parking me car there

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Alderson Elevator

Someone really needs to fix the elevator in Alderson hall. It's been broken all semester and I don't think its okay that disabled and injured students are forced to climb multiple flights of stairs so get to class

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Open all the CLOSED restaurants on campus!

Since spring 2020 half of our dining spots have been “closed until further notice”. It made sense when campus was remote and nobody used them, but with the large freshman class and all classes back to normal, not opening these places will result in extreme crowding in mines market and long student center lines, already a problem last semester. The closed facilities (Einstein’s, SubConnection, Blaster’s Brew) are all in different buildings so opening them would really spread out lunch/dinner crowds and be better for everyone’s health.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Holiday Homework

Mines closes campus for Federal Holidays. This means that the Library, classrooms, and almost every other building on campus is closed. This would make sense, if not for one factor: Homework is still often due on holidays. It is a major failure of the University that they would allow homework assignments to be due on days which are recognized as "breaks".
    Though this may come across as a minor gripe that all students have to suffer through, I would argue this is indicative of a blatant disregard of students' mental health needs. The school is sending a message that they…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Academics  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Chemistry labs are not accessible

The chemistry labs are not accessible for students with mobility issues. Last year my friend was in a wheelchair and when she brought up the issue she was told to drop the course. This is completely unacceptable. She reached out to DSS and they told her they couldn’t do anything. In my experience with DSS and accessibility on campus no one is actually interested in changing things. They just want to say they are promoting accessibility and say they’re open to feedback with zero results.
    We have also been fighting to better the process of notifying students of outages on…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. (3/4) doors locked

Why is it that most external doors on campus are locked from the outside. I assume its for a security concern, but when there is 4 doors into a building in a single location and only one of them opens from the outside, it is really frustrating.
    In general most of the doors suck, they are heavy, close very quickly, don't have a good range of motion, and have a center bar in them that prevents about 1/3 of all foot traffic.
    Solution:
    unlock all external doors for traffic from both outside and inside.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23