What's Your Beef?

Something Mines should change...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Q lot is now General Parking (but no new Commuter parking!)

Changing the Q lot to General Parking makes no sense unless the objective is to force more people to buy more expensive General Parking permits. Commuter lots are already full during peak hours (see "Stop giving commuter pass holders parking tickets..."). General parking permit holders can park in commuter lots if General parking is full, but now it is assured that Commuter pass holders will be forced to the K lot or off campus.

CHANGE IT BACK until the parking garage is finished, or tell us where to park when everything is full.

142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Mines Needs to Improve Commuter Parking

I know I'm not the only person to complain about parking at mines, but it is absolutely a joke. This morning I pulled into the A/AA parking lot with what I thought was plenty of time to find a spot and walk to class. However, I circled the entire lot with several cars behind me and I could not find a single spot. I drove to the other commuter lot, and over to the football field to try and find parking and I couldn't find anything.I eventually jut gave up and parked in downtown Golden. It's ridiculous to charge students…

70 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Peking Plate is Actually Inedible

This is a cry for help.

Today I was ridiculously hungry. So I went to Peking Plate for lunch. Huge mistake! The food was so bad that despite literal hunger pains I physically couldn't eat more than two bites before throwing it in the trash.
        Even when it was Habaneros, the food wasn't great. But it's pretty hard to screw up a burrito, so it was at least a reliable source of food energy. Now they're making us pay for ACTUAL GARBAGE. Also, it's the same people/ingredients/effort as before. If y'all are going to put Jalapenos in your "Chinese food",…

39 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • 27 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • USG is being irresponsible with money

I'd like to point out that every student here is paying a lot of money to go to Mines. In that, a large chunk of the money is going toward USG to help better our campus. USG is around to make campus better and hear the complaints of fellow students. USG is NOT here to use our money to buy headbands, hoodies, shirts, pants, and UNDERWEAR with the phrasing "We put the STUD in student gov". Which is exactly what they are planning to do with the money. It's really great that they are currently focusing on what color the…

47 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Parking ticket even when paid for parking????

So my friend paid for hourly parking on campus recently. He got a ticket even though he was very sure that he still had time left from when he paid for the parking. He called parking services and got the timestamps for everything. He received the ticket 10 min before his parking expired which means that they tried to charge him even if he ALREADY PAID for the parking. When he tried to contest the ticket they said the only thing they could do was reduce it to a warning. This is ridiculous a warning for what? Paying for parking??…

19 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Fix our parking issues with a shuttle system, redesigning the current parking lots, more bike racks, or ANYTHING really

Parking is a huge issue for this campus. Whether you have a general or a commuter, you can never find parking and all of the lots are being taken away by new construction. I know of many students who have been absurdly late to classes because of this and I have experienced the same.

My personal experience today was the most frustrating I have experienced this far. I am a graduate student teaching a class on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11 am. Parking is an issue every week... and this week I tried to prepare for that. I arrived to…

17 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • I'm having a hard time...

I have a solid 10 minutes in between classes in CK, and need a quiet spot to jerk off in between my classes. Any good suggestions??? i though a gender neutral bathroom would be a good idea to allow us all the stroke it out at the stressful moments in the day.

10 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Janitor walking on me

Maple Hall resident here. I've had a reoccurring issue with the janitorial staff. I know we are given a time frame for when the janitors are going to clean the bathrooms; however, this time frame is unreasonably large. I feel this way, for multiple times this semester I have been walked in on while pleasuring myself. Granted sometimes they knock, if this weren't the case the number of times would be well in the double digits. I'm just asking for a more specific time frame so I can plan my free time around it. Thanks!

8 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • AP/IB classes should count HASS/LAIS/EBGN elective credit

I do not understand why liberal arts AP/IB tests only count as free elective credits. There are so many HASS/EBGN elective credit hours required to graduate, and many AP/IB classes are parallel to the liberal arts electives provided here. Why wouldn't a 4 or a 5 on AP (or a 5-7 on IB) tests for classes like the following count?

~ English Literature and Composition
                      ~ English Language and Composition
                      ~ Macroeconomics (yes, this can count for EBGN 201, but only if you have received a 4 or a 5 on both this and Microeconomics)
                      ~ Microeconomics (see above)
                      ~…

162 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Make forms electronic

Is there anyway we can move towards electronic forms? Every time I need to make a change, I need to get my advisor and department head's signature (and possibly a professor's signature). This is not only inconvenient because I have to physically to track down everyone down every time. Inevitably this process takes weeks, when we have extremely short deadlines (for example the ASI/Minor deadline where the form is due the first day of the semester rather than Census day). Multiple forms I've submitted via paper regarding course substitutions, advisor changes, etc. have been lost, extremely delayed, or simply never…

4 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • The ORC should be open on weekends!

I don't understand why the ORC would be closed on the most popular days for going tubing and such. Everyone has different schedules so doing something during the week is nearly impossible, especially if there's homework, projects, etc. Most people only have free time on the weekends. Open the ORC for rentals!

8 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • [SERIOUS] There are too many cum trees on campus

While the title may read as a joke, the cum tree is a real thing. Its scientific name is pyrus calleryana and here's the link to the Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrus_calleryana
                            Googling "cum tree" will also pull up this page.

This tree is called the a cum tree based on the smell that it produces while blooming. It has been described as rotting fish or semen. Unfortunately for us, there are several of these trees all over campus and they all bloom at the same time. This causes our beautiful campus to smell like someone just finished having sex with the…

54 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • No more peking plate

Peking plate is not as good as habaneros, it takes longer and its not good food. I had an interview on campus and the recruiter was upset that habaneros was not longer there and was replaced by Peking Plate.

6 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Student chapters of professional organizations should not compete with "for fun" clubs for funds

BSO needs to be revamped in general, but specifically with respect to how they evaluate student chapters of professional organizations versus clubs that provide an outlet for students to pursue a hobby and/or have fun. For example, most student chapters focus on bringing speakers to campus or holding off campus events for students to learn. So most of the funding is needed for food, but BSO only allows 25% for that so clubs make up other needs and try to do more. BSO also requires "service events," but bringing experts in their field to campus for talks IS community service.…

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • BSO needs to be way more clear on their rules and guidelines

It's really hard to navigate being a treasurer with BSO's rules being so strict with little indication of what they actually are. There are some rules that are outlined in the allocations form (which is not due until March, so some new treasurers may not look at it until then) that are not stated anywhere else on BSO's Engage page, including the Prezi for treasurer training and the powerpoint from in-person training. Examples of this include that you can't buy tee shirts with BSO money, you're only allowed to spend 25% on food, and there's a vague piece on the…

4 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Computer science field needs to allow students to count an internship for coursework or let them get payed for doing field session

It's ridiculous that it's illegal to not pay an intern for work that a company profits off of and the computer science department has the audacity to have students do work for a company and not only not pay them, but charge them for it and ban companies from paying them. The department recommends to take it during the junior year, when most students would get their best internship. I, and many people I know, have lost internship offers after companies learned that we need to do field session. Mines charges over $3,000 to in state students and over $5,000…

90 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Non-Varsity Use of the McKee Weightroom in Volk Gymnasium

As it stands currently, the McKee Weight room is allowed only to Varsity athletes, but I feel that due to the amount of fees that each individual student is paying the McKee weight room should be open to reservation by student organizations. As it stands right now the Rec Center is always packed, and a group of students who wish to lift together are completely out of luck when it comes to using the free weights/bars if they want to and being able to get out of the gym in under 2 hours.

My proposal is as follows:
                                      Allow students…

116 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for voicing your opinion on this matter. We agree that the SRC has had a large increase in usage to correspond with an increased enrollment at Mines. This in turn has overcrowded the Rec. gym at peak hours. Allowing club sports, ROTC, and other student groups to use the McKee weight room would decrease the strain on the SRC.
                                        Last semester your Junior class representatives began working on a solution to this issue and come up with a similar idea to the one posted. There are a handful of problems that must be addressed for this to happen. Scheduling around Varsity sports, supervision of users, implementation of a portal, and administrative approval are few.
                                        Unfortunately, these problems take time to overcome. In the short-term we will contact the SRC staff to see about maximizing the usable space in the gym and increasing students access to workout…

• Apple Pie Pizza

Please make the apple pie pizza an every week event. Its too good and we all need to taste its deliciousness every week or else we will fail out.

2 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Stop giving commuter pass holders parking tickets when the commuter lots are full

I have classes at 11 am on Mondays and Wednesdays. These are peak hours for parking, and lately when I've arrived on campus all of the commuter lots are full, including Lots A, F, FF, J, Q, and the spots available around sororities and fraternities. I tend to arrive about 20 minutes before classes start, and I and many other students must drive around to all of these lots, waiting for spots to open up. In some cases, no spots are available, so lately many students have been parking outside marked spaces in Q lot, without impeding the flow of…

49 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
                                          • Don't see your idea?

What's Your Beef?

Feedback and Knowledge Base