Skip to content

Undergraduate Students

452 results found

1. Clinic Parking

There should be a place to park when visiting the clinic. When you're sick and near death, you don't feel like walking to the clinic, especially coming from Mines Park or other remote places on campus. Maybe a temporary hanging tag so we could park in front of Weaver?

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Mines Park Noise from US-6 Rumble Strips

City of Golden (CG) completed the US-6 and 19th intersection around the beginning of Fall 2017. When summer hit and we had to open our windows (no ac in our unit) we've realized that the rumble strips were creating excessive noise. Causing us to lose sleep in the night and forcing us to choose between living in a very hot or a very noisy unit in the morning.
    We've contacted CG and CDOT at the beginning of Fall 2018 so the issue can be remedied before summer. Apparently other residents in the area were suffering from the noise as well.…

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. FIX THE PARKING

It doesn't make sense that Mines would destroy two parking lots at the same time! It literally takes me an average of 15 minutes everyday to find parking and even when I get here early I'm still late to class. Either add more parking spots somewhere else or at least lower the fee for parking until the new lot is built. I shouldn't be paying this much money just so Mines can make me late to class every. single. day.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. TalkBoxes for private/quiet phone calls

There aren't many places suitable for phone calls on campus, so TalkBox booths, which are just small sound proof booths, would really help

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Homework Platforms

Stop making us pay for individuals pay 65$ for each course to do our homework. I am willing to do all of the hard work but $180 dollars to do my homework, on two different platforms which suck (I have had to go to customer service once for Sapling and twice for Pearson with which I spent 2 hours on hold total). They dont work and the campus obviously doesn't care about low income students who never got the opportunity of a scholarship. I work just as hard but I shouldn't fail a course because I can't afford to pay…

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Water in Maple is too cold!

Ever since winter break, I have noticed that the showers in Maple do not get as warm as they did last semester (which was already not very warm). A couple of other residents have mentioned this as well, without my prompting so I know I am not the only one who thinks this. I initially thought it was just people at the beginning of a semester being responsible, but it seems that the water heater has been lowered or something.

I get that hot water is expensive, but the water is barely considered warm in my opinion, and I know…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Elm Street Angled Parking

Elm Street appears to be wide enough for angled parking on a section of it which would add spots to campus. The road changes width, and in the wider spot (the yellow box) parking could be angled without decreasing the width of the road (the red line).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix the vending Machines

Litterally no vending machines get refilled or fixed. Most don't take cards and alot of the times won't give you your money back if you put in cash. Please look at Coors Tek and the one by subway as examples.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Music in mines market is on loop

The music in mines market is on a loop i should not be able to tell the time based on the song. This is going to make me go insane and should be fixed immediately

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The Mines Google G-Suite does not allow bookmark sync or history sync between devices

If you've ever wanted to sync info between devices and other such things, such as saved passwords and bookmarks, the settings in the administrative G-suite that mines uses to create google accounts with mines emails does not allow it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Vending Machine Ctlm

The drink machine on the first floor of ctlm does now give accurate change. Multiple times I have bought one drink, paid $5, was supposed to get $3.50 back and only got 50 cents back. Right now I’m owed $9 in change and tried to submit a work order a month ago but have yet to hear back to even see if they got the work order.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Parking AGAIN.

So today I got to campus at 6 am for work and of course found a great commuter spot right outside the sorority houses next to the stairs. When I tried to leave campus to eat lunch, I couldn't leave because someone parked about an inch behind me (IT'S NOT EVEN A SPOT). This is not an exaggeration all the way walking up to my car I thought someone had hit it because they were so close. The car in front of me was about a foot away. This was reasonable but with the car behind me there was no…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There are not enough HASS classes for students to meet the requirement

Mines requires 3 humanities classes, but halfway through the second day of registration every single class other than NHV and Global Studies is full. How are students supposed to meet this requirement if only a handful of classes are offered with 30 seats each?

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Eliminating E Lot Without Additional Parking Available?!

Tomorrow Mines is closing off E lot in order to build a new residence hall, yet they have no additional parking to compensate for all the lost spaces. They expect people who usually park there to park somewhere else, which would be great and fine IF THERE WAS ANYWHERE ELSE TO PARK. Why bring more students to campus with a new residence hall when the students who are already here have no means of parking anywhere near campus?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'm having a hard time...

I have a solid 10 minutes in between classes in CK, and need a quiet spot to jerk off in between my classes. Any good suggestions??? i though a gender neutral bathroom would be a good idea to allow us all the stroke it out at the stressful moments in the day.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Janitor walking on me

Maple Hall resident here. I've had a reoccurring issue with the janitorial staff. I know we are given a time frame for when the janitors are going to clean the bathrooms; however, this time frame is unreasonably large. I feel this way, for multiple times this semester I have been walked in on while pleasuring myself. Granted sometimes they knock, if this weren't the case the number of times would be well in the double digits. I'm just asking for a more specific time frame so I can plan my free time around it. Thanks!

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Student chapters of professional organizations should not compete with "for fun" clubs for funds

BSO needs to be revamped in general, but specifically with respect to how they allocate funds. Student chapters of professional organizations typically already have requirements from a national chapter, while the bowling club, for example, has no restrictions. Clubs that provide an outlet for students to pursue a hobby and/or have fun are wonderful and should be supported, but they have different needs than a professional society. Most professional societies are involved in educating students and advancing the profession, typically through invited speakers and technical talks. Often the speaker comes to campus for free so the only expense is generally…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Parking ticket even when paid for parking????

So my friend paid for hourly parking on campus recently. He got a ticket even though he was very sure that he still had time left from when he paid for the parking. He called parking services and got the timestamps for everything. He received the ticket 10 min before his parking expired which means that they tried to charge him even if he ALREADY PAID for the parking. When he tried to contest the ticket they said the only thing they could do was reduce it to a warning. This is ridiculous a warning for what? Paying for parking??…

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Peking Plate is Actually Inedible

This is a cry for help.

Today I was ridiculously hungry. So I went to Peking Plate for lunch. Huge mistake! The food was so bad that despite literal hunger pains I physically couldn't eat more than two bites before throwing it in the trash.
    Even when it was Habaneros, the food wasn't great. But it's pretty hard to screw up a burrito, so it was at least a reliable source of food energy. Now they're making us pay for ACTUAL GARBAGE. Also, it's the same people/ingredients/effort as before. If y'all are going to put Jalapenos in your "Chinese food",…

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good morning! Thank you for voicing your concern with us! Earlier this past semester, the junior class representatives sent out a survey asking people for feedback on Peking Plate and based off of that feedback and after coordinating with Sodexo, Peking Plate will not be returning this Spring 2019 semester. It will remain full-time Habaneros!

Best, USG

20. Make forms electronic

Is there anyway we can move towards electronic forms? Every time I need to make a change, I need to get my advisor and department head's signature (and possibly a professor's signature). This is not only inconvenient because I have to physically to track down everyone down every time. Inevitably this process takes weeks, when we have extremely short deadlines (for example the ASI/Minor deadline where the form is due the first day of the semester rather than Census day). Multiple forms I've submitted via paper regarding course substitutions, advisor changes, etc. have been lost, extremely delayed, or simply never…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Talks are in the works of moving towards a more digitized form system with the registrar. This could greatly improve our efficiency and the ease of the process for students. With this being said, conversations have begun, but it will be awhile until a good solution and system is put in place. As we learn more, we will be sure to keep the student body updated!
    Thanks,
    Mines USG

1 2 5 7 9 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Undergraduate Students

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base