Skip to content

Undergraduate Students

453 results found

1. Mines Student Directory ought to be made students-only, like many other universities.

The Mines student directory is open to the public to search for names, majors, emails, and whatever else you have allowed through trailhead (but at minimum, your name and major). But you cannot be removed from the directory unless you also don't want to walk with your class at graduation, or get involved in anything that requires a confirmation of attendance. The only way to have your information removed from the public eye is for Mines to pretend like you don't exist, which can be detrimental for acquiring scholarships and jobs. Many other large universities require students to log into…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Oreprint Connectivity

Am I the only person who’s personal computer refuses to connect to the Oreprint system? If not why is this still a problem?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Why is Mines still open today?

Many school districts in the Denver area are closed due to a CREDIBLE threat to public and student safety. There is now an individual who is infatuated with the Columbine Shooting in Jeffco with a pump action shotgun and ammo, and we are the only school left open... At this point in the semester, I know many students feel they can’t afford to miss class, and many students will come to school regardless of how they feel about the situation. I feel like this is totally disregarding the safety of Mines students.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A Good Lost and Found System

Over my time here at mines I have lost my keys, wallet, and more clothing items than I can count. More often than not I have never been able to find them again because there is no cohesive lost and found system. If you lose something in a building you have to contact the building manager because each building has a different lost and found policy, but no building manager contact info is listed anywhere students can find it. You have to do this for every building your item could have been lost in, and if you lost something on…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Free Beer Samples at the Carnival

I know this may not be a big deal for everyone but in the past at carnival there have historically been free beer samples. As a freshly turned 21 year old I was looking forward to being able to partake at this EDays, but instead was told I have to pay for it. Granted, it was a good price, $5 for 3, but it was still disappointing. What happened?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mines Market Staff Needs to Throw Away Their Cigarette Butts

Outside of the Weaver Towers and other areas are littered with cigarette butts, often times mere feet away from a trash can or cigarette receptical. The only people I see in those areas are Mines Market employees smoking cigarettes. Staff needs to quit littering our beautiful campus with cigarette butts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Votes should be reset more often

If issues on What's Your Beef don't get resolved within a certain time frame, they should be returned to users. I often find myself having to go back through the things I have voted on to rescind votes from a year or more ago to be able to bring attention to current issues. If something hasn't gotten resolved in six months, it's probably never going to get resolved and impedes new and current issues from getting the support they deserve.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. MAC should choose artists that don't harass women

When B.o.B. brought female students on stage and was grinding on them, I felt that it was extremely inappropriate. I feel that at the very least, MAC could choose artists capable of being respectful to the students of the school. I think that it is important to raise awareness of the issue of sexual harassment and for MAC to make choices that don't contribute to a culture that is accepting of such behavior.

360 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. USG Deleting "What's Your Beef" Posts without Adressing Them

A post was recently made here expressing student frustration at the slow pace the administration is taking to address serious student issues such as parking and mental health. It quickly received a lot of votes, but suddenly disappeared. Considering that there are several inappropriate and joke posts that have been here for ages, this seems suspect. If something about the post was deemed to be inappropriate, I understand, but that should have been voiced. Instead, the post was silently deleted.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can assure you, the post was not removed by USG through this account. It appears that it was marked as spam and removed by another user. We share the same concern for the deletion of the post. We will be looking into this more as well.

Also, in regards to the last post, we have begun talks with administration in regards to the post and will keep students informed on our findings.

We apologize for the deletion and will be looking into it immediately!

-USG

10. Test of high vote account

See how quickly I can get this upvoted by multiple proxy accounts. Enjoy!

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Meaningful Expansion" Unjustly Taking Precedence over Mental Health, Parking, Housing, & Classroom Sizes

We believe PCJ and the Mines Administration's goal of "meaningful expansion" is being inappropriately prioritized above more pressing issues such as: mental health, classroom sizes, parking, and housing availability.

We acknowledge the attempts at addressing these issues currently underway, but our point is that not enough effort nor focus is being dedicated. Instead of focusing on expanding the campus, PCJ and the Mines Administration must resolve these issues first. It is our right as students and human beings. See full essay (attached) for specific viewpoints and arguments.

If you have connected with any or all of these points, join us…

440 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Only give athletes priority registration for required/core classes

Many HASS classes this semester were full or close to full before undergraduate registration even opened. It is not fair to students who happen to not play sports to never have a chance at certain classes because they are completely full before anyone can register. Registration is often difficult for many students every semester at Mines but we are often told that you just need to wait until you are a senior and then you can have the pick of the classes that you want. Even seniors have a paltry list left to them before their registration ever starts.

97 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We should be composting on Campus

If we are really about "Earth, Energy, and Environment" then we should give students the option to compost on campus. Both for students eating in the mines market and for students bringing packed lunches to school, we should have a compost option. The compost area could be placed on any of the schools land by Lookout and Mines park, or could be placed by clear creek where the school owns property that cannot be developed on from past contamination. Students could work for the school or earn volunteer hours turning the compost or moving it from pickup locations to the…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. USG doesn't do anything

USG is basically useless. They respond to nothing on what's your beef and all they do is try to give more disgusting meal options instead of habaneros. It is simply something to put on their resume (except Sevy, he actually cares!).

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for expressing your concern to us. We have spent a majority of this year revamping how we tackle projects on campus. We have transitioned to a new system intended to promote more collaboration from all members of USG and students on campus. By changing this system, we did have a slow start getting reorganized and implementing the new initiatives, but we hope that we have begun to make a visible change on campus that can continue into next year. We also are in the midst of allocations which is a major responsibility of USG. Student fees are distributed to the governing bodies to be used for the coming year through a voting process.

We invite you and anyone interested to attend any of our senate meetings (they’re all open to the public) and hear more about what we are actively working on!

-USG

15. Mines is NOT ADA accessible

I broke my foot last week and getting around campus has been hell. I have heard Maple Hall is welcoming a couple ADA residents next semester, and I worry for their safety and ability to get around campus. For one, the automatic door buttons for the front entrance of Alderson don’t work, and many other doors simply don’t have them. I have to wait for somebody kind enough to hold the door open or risk injuring myself further. I’ve just heard the elevator in the student center will be shut down over spring break, so if I want to eat…

126 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for pointing out these issues to us! We have begun contacting administration to address the lack of accessibility and to see what they are doing to fix automatic doors that are not working. Would a focus group to identify the specific needs and areas lacking be of interest to you? That may be a next step to identify areas on campus lacking in accessibility. Please contact us at minesusg@gmail.com if you would be interested in taking part in this discussion!

16. Mines International Office should not move to the Green Center (when it Re-Opens)

With all of the re-organization on campus, it has come to my attention that the Mines International Office will be moving to the Green Center when the building re-opens. I am a student employee in the office, so I know how important it is to have the office in a convenient spot to serve the Mines community. (For reference, it is currently in the student center)
    I think that moving the office is an absurd idea. I know that office space is tight on this campus, but the International Office (IO) is a crucial spot for international students to deal…

156 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. On Campus Leopard Gecko Storage

Hello everyone, I would like to propose leopard gecko storage on campus. Currently I don't have a place to store my gecko Lizzie during class and it would be nice to visit her during passing periods. Somewhere like the library would be ideal. People could look at her, but please don't tap the glass, she is shy. There would also need to be cricket storage nearby, as I just got a large shipment of crickets in the mail and Lizzie needs to eat those little hoppers!! She is very pretty and I think others would benefit from the storage as…

71 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More Table Near Sub Connection

There is so much space upstairs and there are 3 measly table in front of Jamba Juice and Sub Connection. Is there any way we can have a couple more tables up there as there is plenty of space for them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. MAC no longer asking for student input (2019)

In light of the recent release of the E-Days theme and the events, it seems like MAC is no longer asking the student body what it wants in terms of these events. E-Days is a hallowed event that brings students together and lets us relax for a single weekend. This event involves concerts that have (in the past) been at least voted on by the students and not even having the chance to put in an opinion makes it seem like MAC knows what is best for the student body. We should be able to decide how we want to…

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. MechE shirt is ugly

I don't think it was a great idea to allow people to vote multiple times. The shirt's design is pretty plain and somewhat lame compared to the other shirts from other departments.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?