Skip to content

Undergraduate Students

7 results found

1. MINES MARKET NEEDS TO EITHER IMPROVE FOOD QUALITY OR DRAMATICALLY REDUCE WHAT THEY CHARGE US.

Mines Market is honestly some of the worst cafeteria food I have ever had and I have eaten cafeteria food just about everywhere whether its on military bases or college campuses. It's also the most expensive. For the marble meal plan I am paying around $6,500 for less than 8 months of extremely low quality food. Whats worse is that is compulsory for freshman so Mines is really committing highway robbery when it comes to the prices and quality served at what I thought was a semi-prestigious school. Whats worse is that the staff don't even know how to properly…

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Expand Available On-Campus Therapy

Mines talks a lot about how in favor it is of supporting mental health, but a lot of the resources seem to be more fluff than genuinely beneficial. Wellness workshops and 10 minutes in health office hours aren't providing what hurting students need- therapy should be more widely and quickly available for students on campus. Even getting referred to long-term therapy off campus takes months, and follow up is very limited. That's a big problem for people who need someone to talk to.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mines should provide access to Tampons and Pads in all bathrooms

Colorado School of Mines should have access to tampons and pads in all bathrooms. Currently, the Vanguard Scholars are sponsoring tampons and pads in the bathroom, however, making sure students have period supplies should not fall on a student group. Even if the tampons and pad dispensers "are not used enough" it should not be on student organizations to supply tampons. In the bathrooms where there are no tampons and pads provided by the vanguard scholars, there are signs that recommend walking to the Ben Parker student center in order to get supplies. This must have been written by someone…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Expand limited pronoun options on Canvas

Canvas has pronouns options. Great! However, they are extremely limited. The options available are: "ze/zir, hir/zirs, hirs;" "they/them/theirs;" "he/him/his;" and "she/her/hers." There are no other options.

This is not very good. Furthermore, this has been decided by Mines at some point; the defaults Canvas has without the list being modified is "she/her," "he/him," and "they/them" [1].

Why is this an issue? There are two major reasons. First, it does not allow for mixed pronouns. The Trevor Project's national survey shows that "nearly two-thirds of LGBTQ youth who use pronouns outside of the binary opt to use combinations of he/him, she/her,…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bring back Zime meal exchange options

As a first year student living on campus, there are not many dining opportunities in general. You've got charred chicken at Qdoba, mystery meat at wow cafe, mines market, and now, zime. And if its a weekend, all you've got only mines market operating on limited hours, so tough luck if you want to do something before 9 AM.

Of all those, I found zime to be the only thing I could consistently choke down, and it made for a great place for a lunch break with plenty of room to study at the tables. Now the school wants to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Transition from Google to Microsoft

As an avid Google user, I do not appreciate that the school is transitioning away from gmail and the other google products. Especially since the microsoft replacement for those products do not have the same features, mainly the ease of collaboration. I wish they had asked the students and faculty before deciding to switch as I know there are a lot us that depend on google. This is especially the case for those of us with chromebooks as they are only compatible with google products. It is my belief that we should transition fully google.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Motion Lab Hours

Would love for the motion lab in spruce to have better hours. It's only open weekdays from 11-8, which seem pretty short especially considering how busy the rec center is.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?