Skip to content

Undergraduate Students

37 results found

1. Parking fees are unjust

As an older student who has a family, mortgage, and other responsibilities, it seams unreasonable for Mines to charge for parking considering the very limited housing community in the city of Golden. The practice of charging students who cant afford to live close to Mines campus an additional fee (parking pass) to attend classes is dishonest to say the least. This dishonesty is multiplied with the fact that the City of Golden has made it illegal to park near campus if you don't live in the City of Golden.
    Solutions:
    1) Don't charge students to park on campus.
    2) Charge…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Campus  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Facilities

With as much money as Mines takes in, they should consider building another recreation center with a massive weight room. The recreation center is too small and doesn't have enough space. It should also be open 24/7. Also the parking at mines needs to be improved. Consider building CTLM lots vertically into parking garages and making more parking available to students and visitors.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Campus  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Facilities

With as much money as Mines takes in, they should consider building another recreation center with a massive weight room. The recreation center is too small and doesn't have enough space. It should also be open 24/7. Also the parking at mines needs to be improved. Consider building CTLM lots vertically into parking garages and making more parking available to students and visitors.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Replace Sodexo

The food vendors and options here at Mines need to be revamped. The food quality I would say is the worst of any school I have had in Colorado of the major schools. For being a world class institution, with an expensive bill, the food should be a lot better. We should terminate contracts and find better suppliers and vendors.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Chemistry labs are not accessible

The chemistry labs are not accessible for students with mobility issues. Last year my friend was in a wheelchair and when she brought up the issue she was told to drop the course. This is completely unacceptable. She reached out to DSS and they told her they couldn’t do anything. In my experience with DSS and accessibility on campus no one is actually interested in changing things. They just want to say they are promoting accessibility and say they’re open to feedback with zero results.
    We have also been fighting to better the process of notifying students of outages on…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Open all the CLOSED restaurants on campus!

Since spring 2020 half of our dining spots have been “closed until further notice”. It made sense when campus was remote and nobody used them, but with the large freshman class and all classes back to normal, not opening these places will result in extreme crowding in mines market and long student center lines, already a problem last semester. The closed facilities (Einstein’s, SubConnection, Blaster’s Brew) are all in different buildings so opening them would really spread out lunch/dinner crowds and be better for everyone’s health.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SRC gym space, sanitation, and safety issues

I know this idea has been presented numerous times in the past three or so years, but the SRC gym appears to be far too small for the number of students at our school. I understand there was the recent gym addition in the new Spruce dorm, but the space seems relatively small compared to the immense growth of our student population. Given that the space issue cannot be fixed immediately, I am curious to know what plan the administration has in place to address the issue.

In addition to the space concern, I feel that more effort should be…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Display in the Student Center

There's a display near the couches outside of Periodic Table. It used to be a nice place to sit but now it's not because of the annoying noise the new display makes. This petition is to remove the display (or at least keep it muted).

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Campus  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Remote learning during inclement weather

This semester in specific, there have been multiple instances of clear, 50 degree, sunny days, followed by massive 4-8 inch snow storms. Many of these days the roads have been unsafe, even for the most experienced winter drivers, with snow tires and 4-wheel drive, let alone students not experienced with driving in the snow and students who do not own vehicles well-equipped for the snow. The COVID-19 pandemic proved that 100% remote or online learning, while obviously not desirable, is still entirely possible. This thread is not necessarily asking for more snow days, or the opportunity to miss more class…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Mines Car Theft Problem

I am sick and tired of seeing Timely Warning: Motor Vehicle Theft in my inbox. MPD needs to develop a plan on how they plan to tackle the increasing number of car thefts that have occurred on campus. And no, telling me "This motor vehicle theft is consistent with a notable increase in vehicle crimes across the Denver Metropolitan area" does not cut it.

I have concerns that my car may be stolen/broken into if I do not park as close as possible to campus buildings and I no longer feel safe leaving campus later at night as I worry…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Clean the SRC Gym Floors!

The gym floors are so dirty it doesn't matter if you wear nice gym shoes, you won't get any traction and you'll just have to clean your shoes every time you use the gym. My idea is pretty simple: SRC employees stay for an hour after close (once or twice a week) and sweep and mop the gym floors. The SRC at Mines has the cost of a nice gym, but delivers the quality and service of a shoddy gym at a large middle school. Half of the SRC employees are being paid to watch tv behind the desk, or…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your beef Ethan! This has quickly become an important issue among students. I have contacted the recreation center to address the cleanliness and safety issues with the gym. Regarding being overcrowded, administration is taking steps to curve the issue with Spruce and Jackson having gyms. Additionally there are future plans to create more indoor recreation space open to all students.

-Griffin

13. Make Campus More Accessible

First off it would be great if buildings had better signage. It can be hard to find elevators and classrooms which can be a hardship for students with mobility problems, especially those of us who experience pain when walking. This is especially a problem in the old buildings that have new additions. It is very hard to find accessible routes to classrooms in various parts of the building.
    Second, have functioning elevators in buildings. The elevator in Marquez has been down since around Thanksgiving 2021. There is only 1 elevator in Marquez so students with mobility problems cannot access their…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Blastercard access during non-business hours

When I was a freshman, we had Bastercard access to get into public buildings on campus after hours. Mines called itself an open campus at the time because of this. It was great because we could study at the school during weekends and use the rooms to meet with friends after homework or activities.
    Now, it's a hit or miss on getting into buildings because there's no Blastercard access and you need to find a door that's been propped open. Let us access the buildings after hours again!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why isn't Zime operating at its full potential?

I think Zime has great potential as a dining location on campus. Coming into this year, I was expecting it to be revamped with a broader menu and indoor seating after having conversations with the workers there. Unfortunately, my expectation was not met at all. After a conversation today with one of the workers, I learned that the lack of improvements is in the school's hands. Zime has enough seating furniture to open at least half of the dining area, but I was told by the employee that the school wouldn't allow it. I was also told their lack of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Snooze button needed for course evaluation/survey reminders

It's that time of year again, when students are being asked to fill out course evaluations. To me, it's a very important chance to provide anonymous feedback to both the professors and to the university. I take it very seriously, and provide thoughtful feedback on all of my courses. Thoughtful feedback takes time and headspace to do, so when I get a reminder to fill out course evaluations every time I go to the Canvas homepage AND every time I click on one of my courses, it's frustrating! To me, it's the university saying "5 out of 5, as always?…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Give commuters another lot on campus until covid testing is done!

Currently the covid testing is taking up all of A lot and some of F lot. Given commuters already have limited places to park, we should be given access to another lot on campus. I lot by CTLM never has more than 10 cars in it and would be helpful for commuter students in finding parking.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →